Purpose and ground rules of the Plexus Consulting Group® Blog
The purpose of the Plexus Blog: to engage the best and brightest association leaders throughout the country in the public discussion of management ideas and issues that are of concern to them in ways that are fruitful for them and for those readers who we hope will be drawn to this discussion. This is in accordance with the Plexus vision: To mobilize the not-for-profit and public service sectors to set the international standards of excellence in efficient and effective organizational management solutions.
The information and professional opinions expressed in the Blog are solely those of the authors and contributors and do not represent the express views of either Plexus or its employees—nevertheless we should endeavor to steer discussion as much as possible toward the “purpose” as described immediately above.
Ownership rights: Authors of blogs retain property rights over the materials they submit, but by submitting them to Plexus give Plexus limited license to publish their articles and comments on the blog and in the Plexus newsletter with proper ownership attribution.
1. Weekly in order to keep blog content fresh and attract a steady stream of readers to the blog. But Plexus will use discretion to consolidate monthly if it does not have a steady flow of articles.
2. Invited articles authored by selected association CEOs, who have agreed to author a 300-500 word article on a topic of their choosing, that represents an issue of interest to the CEOs in nonprofit organizations: Article length is desired to be approximately 350 words, with a 500 word maximum;
3. Authors will need to certify upon submission that their work is original and that they have the rights to their work and that they understand their work may be downloaded and used elsewhere.;
4. As long as the work is that of the author, who will retain their rights to the article, it could be used by him or her elsewhere at the author’s discretion;
5. Authors grant Plexus a perpetual limited license to: 1) edit for length and grammar; 2) publish in the blog, and if desired by Plexus, in the Plexus newsletter; 3) republish in the future, so long as it is not for profit-making or promotional purposes .
6. Prior to publication, all articles will be reviewed for grammar, composition and good ethics. Potentially defamatory work will not be accepted.
7. Responses and comments will be allowed from all individuals registered with the blog, subject to civility and good ethics. They will be reviewed prior to posting and there may be a significant time lapse in order to do so.
DISCLAIMER- Plexus will disclaim responsibility for the accuracy of all submissions and will rely on the authors to avoid mistakes and plagiarism and disparaging remarks.
The site is provided by the owner on an "as is", “where is” and "as available" basis. The owner makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials, product descriptions or products included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, the site and owner disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the site and owner disclaim any warranties for the security, reliability, timeliness, accuracy, and performance of the its website and the services, and do not warrant that any product descriptions or other content on its website are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free or that this site, its servers, or email from the site or owner are free of viruses or other harmful components. Owner will not be responsible for any loss or damage that could result from interception by third parties of information or services made available to you by the site or provided by you to this site or to others via the site.
Under no circumstances shall the site or owner be liable on account of your use or misuse of the site or the services, whether the damages arise from use or misuse of the site or the services, from inability to use the site or the services, or the interruption, suspension, modification, alteration, or termination of the site or the services, or viewing the material it hosts, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. Owner cannot be held liable for the accidental loss of materials on its site, or the copying of materials by its users. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the owner or through or from the site or the services shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms of service.
The laws of certain countries do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.